05 November 2012

Kvareli Lake, Georgia, Eastern Europe

Last week I had the rare blessing of accompanying my sweet husband Jeff to one of his long term fields of work, being the country of Georgia.  He's been working there for 15 years training native pastors and missionaries in starting new churches, but it was my very first time.  This was a special event so I was privileged to also be invited.  It was the First Annual Congress of Baptist Churches of Georgia.  There were pastors and missionaries from all over Georgia as well as men from America and many surrounding countries.  For me it was a chance to put names and faces together of people I've heard about for years.  We attended two days of meetings and they took us one day on a tour.  Jeff was asked to give an address to the meeting, as did several other people.  It is always his joy to be there as there are so many brothers that he has come to know and love over the years.  Men with whom he's heard their struggles and has been in their homes and churches.  Today I am thankful that I had the opportunity to finally see this breath-takingly beautiful country that suffers from poverty, poor infrastructure and the whims of politics.  Soon I'll show you more of this lovely country.

5 comments:

  1. What an amazing God He is to place such beauty in places that have seen such desperation to remind us how much He loves and cares for us and how much He wants us to enjoy the creation He has made and given for our pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Sherry. It truly is a gorgeous country and God loves those people immensely.

      Delete
  2. I'm speechless, Coleen. Just, WOW. I'm so glad you were invited to go, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too, Patti. Thanks. Easy to take a good photo when you have such a beautiful view. It was a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Coleen! What an amazing view, God truly is AMAZING! How can anyone look at that and say there is no God?? I may have to re-post that!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT, WE LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU THINK. Unfortunately, we can no longer accept anonymous comments.