09 August 2008

Gori, Georgia

I have not heard from Jeff since about noon today (here in Ukraine we are 8 hours difference from Central Standard Time in the U.S. and Jeff is one hour later than us so I'm writing this at 10 p.m in the evening here). I can only assume he doesn't have signal where he is. He mentioned a lot of infrastructure was breaking down due to the bombing and there was no internet or land phone lines. We have been doing sms messages and occasionally we could get through on calling, but have not been able to do that since early today. I am so grateful for those of you who are praying. I hope to hear something soon.

Overnight, the town of Gori, where our team started out, was bombed and 60 people died. Sadly one of the bombs hit an apartment complex. Pray for Gori and it's people. We have brothers and sisters there.

As for Leah and I, we trust in the One who holds it all in His Hands. "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him." Rom 15:13 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT, WE LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU THINK. Unfortunately, we can no longer accept anonymous comments.